atticusfinch1048

atticusfinch1048

The Big Book of Flight - Rowland White

<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]-->

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} <![endif]-->

Ok hands up - but who wanted to be a pilot when they were a kid??? Come on guys there was not just me! Admittedly I went as far as being a plane spotter collecting all their registration numbers with my Civil Aviation Marking book underlining them as I saw them. Age and sense hits you and you realise you will never be the top gun and standing at an airport to collect aircraft regs passes and you would rather be in the departures lounge heading to the beach.

Looking enviously at the aircraft still does not go away, wishing you were better at maths and sciences remain – oh what could have been! All those snippets of information, you used to collect, and memorise, but have now forgotten mainly through age. Worry no longer the book is here – The Big Book of Flight is here for all us old anoraks and those people who just love aircraft.

This is a wonderfully illustrated book with histories of aircraft, some of the famous fliers. The book is worth it just for the illustrations and guides alone everything else is just an added bonus. You even learn that Flat Rock Scorpions have been sent in to space – why? I do not know but it is a fun snippet of information for a trivia quiz.

This is a wonderful book for anyone with an interest in flying or even for the general reader, I cannot recommend this book highly enough.